(The Chairman’s Report)
- (甲) 與保安業委員會及保安公司監察小組的季度聯系 (Quarterly Meeting with SGSIA and CPB)
- (i) 保安員體格驗查報告表格 (Security Personnel Medical Examination Report Form)
• The proposed amendment from HKSA on the Medical Examination Report Form was accepted by SGSIA in August 2019.
- (ii) 第1及2類保安牌照公司, 持槍警衛員的考試內容及過程 (Police Arms Test for Type I and Type II Security Company)
• HKSA raised our concern in the November 2019 Pre-QCM Meeting on the high failure rate in the police arms test. PLO summarized the comment received from Police Weapons Training Unit on its arms test standard to the Association. The summary was disseminated to Member Company in September 2020.
- (iii) 警務處防止罪案科所舉辦的出色保安員獎勵計劃 (CPB Best Security Personnel Award)
• HKSA was invited to the HKI, NTN and NTS Best Security Performance Awards as judge and guest of honour in November 2019 and November 2020.
- (乙) 2019年第二季社運所引發的保安業運作程序與執法部門所產生的協調問題 (2019 Second Quarter Social Activity Impact to the Security Industry)
- (i) 保安人員執勤崗位的工作指引 (Guideline for Security Personnel in execution of duties)
• HKSA assisted in distributing police information on right of egress to public and private buildings and other relevant information to Member Company from September 2019 to March 2020.
- (ii) 就處理可疑危險爆炸品的認知 (Stay Vigilant to Bomb)
• HKSA was invited by CPB to the Inter-departmental Counter Terrorism Unit (ICTU) meeting and promotion pamphlet was distributed to Member Company in May 2020.
- (丙) 2019年第四季至現在, 由於疫情的爆發所引起的營運問題 (2019 Fourth Quarter Covid 19 Impact to the Security Industry)
- (i) 防疫抗疫基金的發放, 對第1, 2, 3類牌照公司所引起的問題 (Distribution of Home Affair Bureau ‘s Anti-epidemic Hardship Allowance)
• HKSA had a long lobbying with HAB from March to June and voiced out a huge portion of frontline security personnel were not included in their Ant-epidemic Hardship Allowance Scheme and HAB finally referred this issue to Security Bureau for their review.
• HKSA also requested HAB to include the Association as one of the consulting organizations in matters concerning security services industry.
- (ii) 政府驗車中心的突然關閉對所有保安業的車輛運作所引起的問題, 尤其對第2類牌照公司的影響 (Sudden Shut-down of VEC)
• In February 2020, HKSA approached Transport Department to inform them the unannounced shut down of all Vehicle Examination Centres had caused great impact on the normal operation of security company vehicles. The Transport Department responded promptly and reopened all Vehicle Examination Centers.
- (iii) 政府部門職員家居工作政策對政府合約承辦商引致的資金周轉困難 (Government Employees’Work from Home Policy)
• In February 2020, HKSA wrote to the Treasury Department to voice the grief of the security services contractors on their contractual payment being unduly held up for months. The Treasury Department released promptly the payment after receiving our complaint.
- (iv) 保安公司牌照費的豁免 (Waive of Security Company Licence Fees)
• HKSA appealed to SGSIA in May 2020 to waive the security company licence fees for one year but the request was turned down in October 2020.
- (丁) 保安業協會與相關部門或業界的交流 (HKSA’s involvement with Authorities and Institutes)
- (i) 最低工資委員會 (The Minimum Wages Commission)
• HKSA submitted our comment to the Minimum Wages Commission in August 2020 to support no wages revision for the year term 2021-2023.
- (ii) 職業訓練局, 保安業訓練委員會 (VTC SSTB)
• HKSA is nominated member in the Security Services Training Board to provide consultation services to the Manpower Survey and Research and Qualifications Framework Projects.
• K2 Training Institute approached HKSA to be a supporting body to their planned Hong Kong Institute of Security, aimed to provide quality training to the security industry. A working Group was set up in October 2019 to explore with K2 Training Institute.
- (iii) 定期舉行的保安器材講座及示範 (Regular Seminar)
• 2 Technology Seminars were planned, one in November 2019 and the second in March 2020.
• The November 2019 seminar was again a success but the March 2020 seminar was postponed to January/February 2021 due to the pandemic.
- (iv) 參與國際保安展覽會的協辦 (International Event)
HKSA participates :
• The Asian Securitex 2020
• The Global Source Exhibition for 2021
• The Cloud Expo, Cloud & Cyber Security Expo, Data Centre World, Big Data World, and Smarts IoT Hong Kong organized by Closerstill Media for 2021
- (戊) 保安業協會的內務 (In-house Activity)
- (i) 2019年度廣東省保安業聯會訪問香港 (Guangdong Security Association’s Visit)
• Delegate visit of the Guangdong Security Association to HKSA in September 2019 was suspended due to unforeseen situation.
- (ii) 2019年度聖誕午餐聚會 (HKSA Christmas Lunch)
• The Christmas lunch held in December 2019 was well attended with member support.
- (iii) 2019-20年度公司會員最佳保安員獎 (HKSA Annual Award)
• The Type 1, 3 and 4 Sub-Committees met in late May and early June, 2020 to select winners for the various HKSA Awards for the year 2019-2020
• The HKSA Annual Award for 2019-2020 “Best Security Awards” and “ Best Innovative Security Products” were conducted in July, 2020.
• A total of 75 guards were awarded with Certificate and 11 of them received a cash award of $1,000.
• 2 Members were winners of the “Best Products’
- (iv) 2020年度保安從業員日(24 July Security Personnel Day)
• This was the 3rd year for promoting this meaningful event.
• HKSA took the leading role, the event was co-organized by HKAPMC, IPSA, APSA and CSI and supported by SGSIA, CPB, PLO, and Qualifications Framework Secretariat.
• The promotion of Hong Kong Security Personnel Day was contracted to Insight Marketing & PR Ltd.
- (v) 保安業協會會員招募 (HKSA Membership Drive)
• One Membership drive was conducted in May 2020.
- (vi) 保安業協會網站 (HKSA Website)
• A working group was set up in June 2020 to review and revamp the HKSA Webpage layout to make it more contemporary. The work was completed in September 2020.
- (vii) 保安業協會搬遷會址 (HKSA Office Removal)
• HKSA moved its office in August 2020
- (viii) 2020年度週年聚餐 (HKSA Annual Dinner)
• The Annual Dinner for this year was cancelled due to the threat of the pandemic and the restriction orders.
Updated on 30 October 2020
“ 行到水窮處 坐看雲起時 ”
(Extract from Tang Dynasty Chinese Poet Wang Wei)
“When you are down and out,
the first step back to the ladder is difficult but most important”
Thank you to share your view with HKSA
We are here to serve you